Coaching helps develop leadership competences, change unwelcoming behaviour, make informed decisions, achieve goals, and understand and know oneself and one’s needs.
Coach does not provide advice and directions. Coach asks questions that help clients find answers and solutions independently. Client is an expert of their situation and knows best how to solve it.
Coach needs to help the client see yet unnoticed aspects of a situation and understand them more thoroughly to make informed decisions and act accordingly. Coaching is also a process of knowing oneself, where a client discovers regularities and causes of their behaviour from a different angle. It creates an opportunity to change one’s behaviour and develop.
Coaching is a development approach that helps:
- develop leadership competencies
- improve teamwork
- understand the vision, mission and values of an organisation and individual, and implement them in day-to-day processes
- solve various work organisation, communication and relationship situations
- achieve organisational and individual work goals
- overcome signs of burnout, efficiently plan one’s time and learn to delegate
- purposefully plan and develop career
During a coaching session a coach:
- helps the client understand what they want to achieve and what is necessary to achieve the goal;
- supports a client in developing competences, transforming behaviour, decision-making and developing a plan to fulfil the goal;
- strengthens and helps a client to create and maintain adequate self-esteem and a positive attitude in situations where a client experiences complex changes, high levels of stress, doubts, emotional lows, and meets new opportunities and choices;
- guides a client towards a goal, ensures that the steps for achieving the goal are realistic, and helps the client to be innovative and challenge old behavioural and thinking habits to improve individual efficiency;
- does not give advice. A coach asks questions so that a client may find solutions on their own, because only the client understands their situation the best. Coach has to create awareness of all situational aspects, promote ideas about the possible solutions and achieve planning of specific activities.
- Why is an employee unable to attain the previous results anymore?
- How does one help an employee maintain steadily high performance?
- How does one attain more successful cooperation between an employee and his team?
- How does one accept and efficiently implement changes encountered within a
- How does one develop my leadership competencies and become a good team leader?
- How does one develop a company’s/department’s strategy, mission, vision and values?
- How does one solve a conflict within my team/with management?
- How does one maintain work-life balance and not burn out due to a large workload?
- How does one make quality decisions in a complex situation?
- How does one develop relationships with colleagues and business partners more
- I feel that my work is not as satisfying as it was before. However, I do not know what I
want and what career path to take.
- I have a clear vision of my career, however I do not know how to attain it.
- I have lost my job. How does one efficiently and purposefully find a new job?
- How does one behave in interviews and answer unusual and complex questions?
- How does one create a new CV to make me noticeable so that I get an invitation to an
- I am a high-level manager and I am seeking new challenges. How does one do this
discretely and purposefully?
- How can we improve team motivation, cooperation and mutual trust?
- What is the mission, vision and values of our team?
- How do we make them work?
- How do we improve team performance and the ability to fulfil work entrusted to us?
- How do we overcome conflicts?
- What is our strategy for the next 1–3 years?
Katrīna is one of the most inspiring, charismatic, competent, emphatic and intelligent people I have ever met, and I highly appreciate our friendship. I admire her unremitting will to learn and her ability to be the best at everything she does. Katrīna’s coaching sessions are productive and inspiring, while her lectures – captivating and valuable.
Katrīna led coaching sessions to improve my personal efficiency. It was very pleasant to work with her: atmosphere full of trust, consistently structured meetings with valuable tasks at the end of meetings, good balance between support and challenges, unobtrusive style. Very professional and with high added value!